Program Duration : Two years
Course Type : Engineering and Science
Total Credit Hours : 60
Intake : 10
Course Fee : NRs. 3,80,000
Descriptions of Program:
The government of Nepal (GoN) proposed the specific targets for the year 2030 in Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)- 6 includes basic water supply coverage to 99 percent of households and piped water supply and improved sanitation to at least 90 and 95 percent of households, respectively. Other targets include the enabling of 98 percent of the population to have access to sanitary latrines. To meet the noble targets set by GoN, there is a necessity and demand for qualified personnel in this sector. Thus identifying the necessity, this program is being developed in collaboration with IHE-Delft, Netherland with aim of providing a better understanding and working knowledge in:
- Sanitation, sanitation system and sanitation technologies
- Planning of sanitation program, execution and monitoring
- Improving public health with improved sanitation
- Developing policies for sustainable sanitation
Note: The degree that will be offered to the students with engineering and science backgrounds will be respectively M.E in Sanitation Technology and M.S in Sanitation Technology.
The graduates from the program will be able to:
- Understand sanitation system, sanitation flow and its elements
- Plan the sanitation program, execute, manage and evaluate its effectiveness in the project area
- Design the overall structures of sanitation system
- Create the new sanitation technologies based on their research work
1. One with engineering or science background working in the field of sanitation, WASH sector, wastewater treatment, waste management, water supply, and other related fields
2. Fresh graduate from engineering or science background to pursue higher education in the field of sanitation technology
1. The general admission requirements of Kathmandu University for the Master's degree must be fulfilled.
2. The prior education should be four years undergraduate degree in the field of engineering or science with a minimum of 50% aggregate or CGPA of 2.0 from any recognized university.
3. The candidate must pass the entrance examination and interview separately.